Monday, April 13, 2020

Good News Report

Good rainy Easter Monday to everyone.  
Here's my good news report. 
Hope you are enjoying God's "free Car Wash". 
My van needed a good washing from the birds bombing it.
April showers are bringing May flowers, and our lawns are getting ready for cutting.
We have a mama dove nesting in our porch.  I think it's the same couple of doves who've nested here a few times before.  It's a privilege to have them use us as their maternity ward. And I enjoy them waking me up with the rising sun with their cooing outside my bedroom window.
Missing seeing our family is hard but what a joy to be able to have little visits, keeping our distance, or through face time on our ipads or phone calls.  Especially, the little presents they brought to us for Easter (home made and beautiful)
Other good news we appreciate such as The Easter flowers that a certain person (who loves to decorate our church) left by the church's front door or the Talbotville Optimists who delivered  "plants of hope" primroses to each household in Talbotville.
There is good news all around us if we look for it.

Good News Comments From Others 
-  hearing about and watching on tv all the inspiring good deeds being done in our community and around the world
- accomplishing projects around the house with my husband
- I am also working on a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle but have a long way to go to get it done
- extra communication with family and friends

- I must admit I am enjoying looking at and doing the puzzles on the children’s bulletins you send (must be from all the years of being a Sunday School teacher!)

It has given me a newer, fresher take on living with what is really more important - telephone calls with family and friends, reading a book, time for more Sudoku, puzzles, sending email cards to family and friends, more appreciation of the beautiful outdoor world and walking, or running out the door keeping up with commitments.
This has truly given me a new insight into what is really really important.

I've been putting together scrapbooks of my son's cards and drawings "to mom" given to me during their pre-school and primary years.  I have 2 of 3 done, and it really hasn't taken me too long to get at it, they are all just in their 30's now, lol.
I'm forgetting the world's care for a short time as I'm re-reading all the Little House on the Prairie books. When my TJ arrives I photocopy the Sudoku puzzles before I do them, so I will always have some extras to do.  You can only erase your numbers so many times before it tears the paper, lol.

We are pleased to keep reading your messages and the Good News, as well. I am printing them out for (my neighbour friend) so she can keep in touch with everyone and we are still providing her with meals, as well, that way we know she is doing okay.
(My daughter-in-law) is learning a lot about cooking Canadian foods especially making different kinds of breads. We have a bread maker and that helps a lot. Of course, (my grandson) is very busy and each day you don't know what he is up to. When I said BUSY believe me.
We are doing spring cleaning and outdoor work.  Also, doing a history book on our family. I try to talk to different family and friends on phone just to hear their voice.

When going for a walk , I have found what appears to be several clumps of watercress in a roadside ditch.  Brings back memories from childhood of going with an uncle and his family
 to gather watercress from a roadside ditch ,and my dad enjoying watercress sandwiches.

THANK YOU FOR THOSE GOOD NEWS MESSAGES
Easter is a beautiful reminder that Jesus is alive and with us
so we remain thankful and hopeful for new life












No comments:

Post a Comment